Thursday, May 17, 2012

The problem with truth

...is ultimately that everyone has a different truth. And rather than just putting their truth out there, sometimes a person becomes so attached to their truth that they want everyone to accept it. They insist that their truth is the only way to live, and if you would just listen to these people and do as they say, then you would get to where you say you want to be.

Except, where I want to be is true to myself.

To be true to myself, that means I have to look at what other people put out there, and decide whether to accept or reject it. It means that sometimes people are going to want me to do things and I am going to say, no.

To be true to yourself, and to let others be true to themselves, you have to put who you are out there, and let people take what they want from having come into contact with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...