Saturday, September 1, 2012

I don't want to call this boy

This boy is a tutoring student, by the way.

I've worked for Large Tutoring and Test Preparation Conglomerate since 2001, except not really, because I've taken long breaks, like the 5-year break when I was in NYC and was a Real Teacher and a couple years of break while I was a Somewhat Less Real Teacher at Kind of Fake University and The School That Shall Not Be Named. But, you know, I lost the job at TSTSNBN and I was like, well, LTTPC will probably give me some work at least and I can be doing something and feeling useful.

Claude Noury 1506 The Torment of the Cauldron
By Claude Noury [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

What I didn't anticipate was that I would actually hate tutoring. I had never hated it before. But I came to loathe it. Dread it. Actively procrastinate preparing the lessons, feel squirmy while I was tutoring, resent tutoring even though it made me money. In June when I finished with my student I was so so so glad. I was busy enough and making enough money that I did not have to take on another student.

But now I'm not working. And I don't want to actually be off the LTTPC roster as a tutor because I have gone through their training 3 times now, and I do not want to have to go through that again.

Stocks (PSF)
By Pearson Scott Foresman [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

This kid only wants 6 sessions and needs to be done by the beginning of October, so it is not that bad, and he doesn't live that far away, but ugh ugh ugh I don't want to do it, but I said I'd do it and I need to do it, and this is not the worst thing that has ever happened to a human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...